NSK will exhibit at Auto Shanghai 2023 to be held in Shanghai, China on April 18-27, 2023.
NSK will exhibit at Auto Shanghai 2023 to be held in Shanghai, China on April 18-27, 2023. Auto Shanghai is one of the largest automotive exhibitions in China, held every other year, attracting nearly 1,000 exhibitors including automakers and parts manufacturers. Event attendance averages around one million visitors.
NSK Booth Theme
The automotive industry is undergoing a once-in-a-century transformation with many new technologies emerging focused on hybrids, electric vehicles, and other alternatives. Under the theme of “Change & Go Beyond” NSK will introduce how it is contributing to the realization of carbon neutrality in the automotive market through its electrified product lineup for EVs and other electrified vehicles.
The main exhibits include NSK’s wide range of innovative electrification products for driving, steering, and braking functions in vehicles. In addition to exhibiting individual products, a cutaway model of an eAxle, the core of the EV powertrain, was created to visualize where NSK products are used. In addition, a concept mockup of NSK’s vision of the car of the future and a diorama of the carbon-neutral society realized by future mobility will be presented at the exhibition.
Each exhibit expresses a facet of NSK’s will to meet the advancing needs of society and lead the world in many areas of mobility technology.
Selectable One-way Clutch (OWC) & Electric Clutch Pack for EV Shifting
- Two-speed parallel shaft eAxle with a simple structure
- Selectable one-way clutch simplifies gear shift control
- Increased torque at low speed with two-speed gear shift that enables the same motor to not only be used in passenger cars but also commercial vehicles and pickup trucks
Selectable One-way Clutch (OWC) for EV Drive Disconnect Mechanism
- Compact structure that can be easily integrated into existing eAxles
- One-way clutch (OWC) mechanism eliminates the need for sophisticated rotation control
- Low (approximately zero) idling resistance and high efficiency reduce energy consumption
Electrical Erosion Resistant Solutions for eAxles: Polymer Coated Bearings, Overmolded Bearings, Conductive Brushes
- Overmolded Bearings: Meets requirements for eAxle insulation at a highly competitive price
- Conductive brushes: Good conductivity even in cooling oil-lubricated environments. The brush can be incorporated directly into the shaft to save space.
Electric Power Steering System (Single Pinion EPS)
- Large steering force (approx. 13 kN) can be generated for EVs with heavy vehicle weights
- The reduction gear, which amplifies the motor’s assist torque, has a high gear ratio to increase torque, enabling reducing the motor’s size
- The use of a diagonal worm gear reducer positioned below the lower rack bar improves the ease of installation
- Cold-forged rack bars with variable gear ratios have been made smaller in diameter and lighter in weight
- Equipped with a high-output MCU for cyber security and an ASIL-compliant torque angle sensor
Ball Screws for Electric-Hydraulic Brakes
- Compact, lightweight, and highly reliable unit with ball recirculation groove and bearing integrated into the nut
- Contributing to the advancement of safety technology, such as high response of automatic brakes
Low friction hub unit bearings for electric vehicles, 3rd generation ultra-high-speed ball bearings for electric vehicle motors, NSK original products for EVs, such as torque sensors, traction drive reducers, and wireless power transmission, will also be exhibited.
In addition, a concept mockup of NSK’s vision of the car of the future and a diorama of the carbon-neutral society that will be created by future cars will be presented at the exhibition.
|Exhibition||AUTO SHANGHAI 2023|
|Venue||National Convention and Exhibition Center (Shanghai, China)|
|Dates||Press days: April 18-19
Industry days: April 20-21
General public:April 22-27
|NSK Booth No.||1BH007 Hall 1/2|